Amazon Profiler team (Jun 2017 - present)
- Provide internal tooling for performance optimisation and monitoring across Amazon backend services.
- Designed and implemented parts of our website using ReactJS (Redux, Redux-sagas, etc.).
- Deployed the website and several supporting APIs (Node.js) following a serverless architecture in AWS (API Gateway, AWS Lambda & Lambda@Edge, CloudFront, DynamoDB, S3).
LOVEFiLM By Post — DVD and Blu-ray rental service team (Sep 2015 - May 2017)
- Lead engineer for the LOVEFiLM By Post mobile application (Cordova, Ionic, AngularJS, SASS).
- Worked on backend services and parts of the LOVEFiLM website (Java, SpringMVC).
Amazon Web Services Certifications
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (AWS-ASA-17150)
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate (AWS-ASOA-4686)
- AWS Certified Developer Associate (AWS-ADEV-3263)
Refactored server-side code (NodeJS), extended the existing REST API with new functionality for the upcoming Funifi store, and started the implementation of an administration web dashboard using AngularJS.
Member of the LOVEFiLM By Post rental service team as summer intern.
Implemented an internal service that automates the printing process for the dispatched disks' envelope labels (FlexMail, .NET, Java, Swing).
AnyPlace: Indoor Positioning and Navigation System for Big Data
Developed a complete architecture for an Indoor Positioning and Navigation system that provides a Web2.0 API for 3rd-party clients backed by Couchbase, a NoSQL datastore. (http://anyplace.cs.ucy.ac.cy)
Implemented an Android app that offers real-time positioning and navigation indoors, and a web-based application developed using Google Dart that provides similar services through any HTML-5 compliant browser.
Designed & implemented a Wi-Fi RSS-based radio map construction algorithm that can filter out useless Access Points and erroneous or unnecessary Wi-Fi fingerprints using Hadoop (Map-Reduce framework).
Developed a plugin for Eclipse IDE to provide content assistance and custom pre-processing for an in-house language.
Processed and presented crowd movement simulation data in a realistic 3D stage using 3D figures - Unity3D, KINECT